Employers & Workforce
Winston County is home to a quality and skilled workforce currently concentrated in the areas of manufacturing, lumber production and distribution, homebuilding, and metal fabrication. With a recent statewide effort focused on the trades, Winston County has a continued partnership with area community colleges and businesses to help students obtain certifications and job placement for in-demand careers. For students who desire to obtain a higher education at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels, three quality, highly-ranked state universities are located within a 60-90 minute drive of Winston County.
Top Industries (Q1 2023)
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry
- Transportation and Material Moving
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
Top Employers in Winston County
Ranked by number of employees
- Southern Energy Homes, Inc. - Addison, AL
- Cavalier Home Builders
- Southern Energy Homes, Inc. - Lynn, AL
- Historic Lifepoint Hospitals
- Kinro Manufacturing
- Fontaine Commercial Trailer
- Grayson Lumber Corporation
- Butane Gas Co.
- Platinum Homes
- Lakeland Community Hospital
- Winston County Board of Education
Business owners appreciate Alabama's low taxes, workforce training assistance through AIDT, job creation work credits, and status as a right-to-work state. Winston County's employees value stable employment and have the additional soft skills needed in the workplace.